Vegetables should be on everyone’s diet. It is recommended to eat about 5 handfuls of fruits and vegetables every day.
Fruits and vegetables are high in water, fiber and vitamins, but low in fat, so they are low in calories and good for your health and weight.
Carrots are a popular vegetable in almost every household. Carrots can be eaten raw, boiled, steamed, baked, dried. There are unlimited uses for carrots, do whatever comes to your mind.
Why is a carrot useful?
Carrots contain B, C, E and K vitamins and many antioxidants. In addition, carrots are rich in minerals such as potassium, manganese, calcium, iron and magnesium. Pregnant and breastfeeding women in particular should eat carrots.
- Carrots help prevent cardiovascular disease
- lowers blood pressure
- helps prevent cancer
- beneficial to dental health
- helps to improve eyesight
- heals the digestive tract
- boosts immunity
- contributes to healthy facial skin and gives complexion
What can be done with carrots?
Carrots are a very versatile vegetable, it can be used in both salty dishes and desserts. Carrots contain a lot of sugar, so it is also a good sweetener.
Did you know that one average carrot contains more than half a teaspoon of sugar?
Carrots can be made, for example
- different salads
- puree carrot
- cake puree
- carrot pies
- oven carrots
- carrot cutlets
- carrot marmalade
- carrots carrot
- carrot chips
Porgandi kasutus võimalusi on lõputult, pane lihtsalt oma fantaasia tööle!
A simple and delicious carrot cake
- 200ml oil
- 250 g of sugar
- 3 eggs 270g wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- 5 medium carrots
- 100 g of chopped walnuts
For cream cheese you need:
- 230g raw cheese
- 60g of room temperature butter
- 2-3 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 400g icing sugar
How to Make Carrot Cake?
- Put the oven to 180 ° C warm.
- Take a large bowl and place the sugar, oil and eggs in it and mix them evenly.
- Then add flour, cinnamon, soda, vanilla sugar and salt to the mixture.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth. Grate the carrots and add it to the dough with the nuts and mix again.
- Pour the dough into a form and place in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Check maturity with a toothpick.
- When the toothpick remains clean, the cake is ready. While the cake is in the oven, you can prepare the cream cheese cream.
- To do this, take a medium bowl and put cream cheese, room warm butter, milk and vanilla sugar. Mix it evenly at a slow speed.
- Gradually add icing sugar.
- Stir until all the icing sugar has been added and the cream is smooth.
- Pour the cream on the cake when the cake has cooled.
- You can add whole walnuts to the cake for decoration.
One way to process carrots is to dry them. When dried at the right temperature, all the minerals and vitamins remain in the carrot.
Dried carrots can be stored for many years under the right storage conditions. They should be stored in an airtight container and in a dark and dry place.
Carrots can also be dried at home, but the drying process takes 6-10 hours. Drying at home is one important tip. Before the carrot slices are dried in the oven, they should first be blanched or boiled or steamed for about 2 minutes. This action is necessary to maintain the bright color of the carrot.
Before you want to use dried carrots for cooking, put them in water for 15-30 minutes, then they will return to their original shape.
Dried carrots can be used, for example, in soups, stews and pasta dishes, or simply eaten as a snack.
In addition, you can make flour from dried carrots and use it in cakes, smoothies, puree soups, pancakes, etc. By eating honey mixed with carrot flour, it helps well against upper respiratory diseases
Carrots, rabbits and bare like carrots
Carrots are usually associated with rabbits. It started with the Bugs bunny cartoon, where the main character rabbit ate carrots. In fact, in the wild, rabbits do not eat carrots, and for home rabbits, carrots are more of a treat and should not be given too much to them, because the excess sugar that carrots contain is not good for them.
The expression “bare like a carrot” comes from the fact that the carrot resembles a person
What is the importance of onions?
Eating onions boosts health and destroys microorganisms in the body. In addition, onions stimulate appetite and digestion.
Onions are usually used as a flavoring in food. There are also many dishes whose main character is onion. Examples are onion soup, onion pie, onion jam and onion salad.
Onions can also be fried, frozen, marinated or dried. Dried onion flakes are added to many seasoning mixes.