It’s the cutest time of the year again – Mother’s Day! On this day, you should especially show how dear your mother and grandmother are to you, and in 2022, they need to be cared for more than ever. Especially the older generation, so that everyone stays healthy and strong! Maybe you won’t even be able to meet them this year? Don’t worry! We have thought about it. We have made a large selection of different gift boxes and Mother’s Day themed socks so that you don’t miss the surprises this year! And, as usual, for an important holiday, we have also prepared a recipe for a cheesecake with a funky twist of peppercorns.
What and where did Mother’s Day come from?
The celebration of mothers and motherhood dates back to ancient Greece and Rome, when festivals were held in honor of the mother goddesses Rhea and Cybele, but modern Mother’s Day is one of the holidays that was first celebrated in the 20th century in the USA at the initiative of Anna Jarvis.
In the summer of 1922, Helmi Mäelo organized a festive Mother’s Day in Uderna in honor of her mother for the first time in Estonia.
Today, this tradition has become sacred, with children giving their mother and grandmother flowers, chocolate, cake and making Mother’s Day cards. The husbands also bring flowers to their wives for Mother’s Day and surprise women with a breakfast prepared together with their children.
What kind of gift should you give to your mother or grandmother?
As getting together has become difficult, we have prepared cute gift boxes for you, which you can easily send to your grandmother or mother as a surprise! There are a selection of gift boxes for grandmothers, chicken-moms and cat-moms! Socks are always a practical and useful gift, which both mothers and grandmothers will definitely appreciate.
Chocolate and pepper cheesecake
Since you can’t forget a cake on Mother’s Day, we have prepared a great recipe for a cheesecake for you, which also has a little spice from pepper.
You will need:
- 8 Digestive cookies
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt’sUp CHOCOLATE pepper (crushed)
- 350 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
- 50 grams sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon of
- vanilla sugar
- 100 grams sour cream või greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of freshly pressed lemon juice
- 2 big eggs
- fresh pineapple
- Walnuts and melted chocolate for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees. Mix the crushed cookies and melted butter and press it to the bottom of your cake tin. Put the tin to the refrigerator.
- Blanch the chocolate peppercorns in a small saucepan with boiling water for about 1 minute. Repeat this twice and then pat the peppercorns dry with a paper towel.
- Place the peppercorns on a small baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are dry.
- When the pepper has cooled down, grind them to a small size.
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
- Whisk the cream cheese, sugar and add the vanilla extract / vanilla sugar and ground pepper.
- Whisk the Greek yogurt / sour cream, eggs and add the lemon juice.
- Pour the whipped mixture into the cake tin waiting in the fridge. Put in the oven and bake for 30-60 minutes.
- When the cake is cooked, take the cake out of the oven and garnish with nuts and chocolate. The cooled cake can be placed into the refrigerator.
Monika’s simple Mother’s Day cheesecake
One cake is definitely not enough! If you want to make something different and perhaps sweeter, we’ve got an additional cake recipe for you! We absolutely love it! Try our awesome but funky Oreo cheesecake recipe, to make this Mother’s Day the best yet! It’s perfect with a cup of morning coffee.
You will need:
- 400 g Oreo cookies + some cookies for decoration
- 70 g butter
- 600 g unsweetened cream cheese (room temperature)
- 300 ml whipped cream
- u 300 g strawberries
How to make the cake?
- Start with the base. To do this, crush 200 g cookies into fine crumbs. Melt the butter. Mix the crumbs with melted butter. Cover the bottom of a 25cm unfolding cake tin with baking paper. Press the cookie mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the mold. Refrigerate the cake base.
- To make the filling, chop another 200 g of cookies into smaller pieces. Whisk the whipped cream and then add cream cheese. Then whisk a bit more, so everything mixes together evenly. Add the cookie pieces to the cream mix.
- Take the cake tin out of the refrigerator. Apply half of the cream to the bottom of the cake.
- Cut 6-7 strawberries into smaller pieces and cover the first creamy layer with them. Spread the other half of the cream on the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the cake. It’s best if you leave it in the fridge overnight.
And last but not least decorate the cake before eating: lots of cute Oreo cookies and strawberry pieces!
Surprise boxes for every day of the week
If you think that the 3 pairs gift boxes are not enough and you want something different and special, then the 7-day gift box is for you.
Mothers and grandmothers can take a pair of cute socks every day for a whole week!
Of course, we have not forgotten those who love cats above all else. If you are or know someone who is the best cat mother, then a 7-day surprise package with different cute cat socks is an ideal choice.
And if you want to put the gift box together yourself, you can choose the socks you like from our website.